skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Pitfalls of working around Humans!
It is so nice in these days of uncertainty to have a fairly safe and secure job. I wanted to say that first because for the most part my job is good! But I can tell you, there are days when I can understand how someone could go POSTAL! Dealing with the public is the most irritating, annoying, dumbfounding thing I have ever had to do. I have worked in a bank, and when people are banking they can get pretty nasty. I worked for a call center for satellite t.v. and those people are totally off their rockers. If you think television is a necessity, kind of like water or let's say, maybe air - you have got some issues. And now I work for the City and some of things that I have heard never cease to amaze me. Just when you think you have heard it all, someone comes around and smacks you with another good one. One of my favorites was a lady who came in and she was in tears because she couldn't pay her bill because she had to buy toilet paper!! That one still makes me giggle. Humans are pretty good at coming up with excuses. The bad thing about this job is it does make you very cynical and you just get sick of the excuses. I can't pay my bill because I have a newborn in the house, (Even more reason to pay), I can't pay my bill because I had to buy dog food - you name it, I have heard the excuse. And I have been told that I have a black heart, and I am heartless, one guy told me he hoped I had kids and that they all starve to death. Anyway, I am glad I have a job, I just wish it didn't involve people!!!
Which is why I am a stay-at-home-mom. : )
ReplyDeleteYou can slap me the next time you see me.
Oh man! I feel for you working with people like that but you sure gave me a good laugh. Hope you have a great day today!! Kels
ReplyDeleteHey Cori!
ReplyDeleteYa know... I just think it's all entertainment! You'll have to ask me about Jarita next time you get a chance to sneak away from your desk! :)
Jen